Re: Digest Number 653

Message 03547 of 3835

Dear Darius,

Welcome to BardonPraxis. :)

>> the qestion is on page 54 of I.I.H it says the metal is spaceless and
timeless and on page 113 it says on the mental sphere you work with
time.I hope some one can make this clear to me. <<

Here's a relevant quote from the Theory section of my "Commentary Upon
IIH":

"The physical realm is ruled by both space and time. I must say
though, it is hard to separate space from time for without the factor of
time, space would not exist.
The astral realm mediates between the densely sequentialized
physical realm and the non-sequential aspect of the mental realm. Thus
the astral realm is not completely bound to substance and for this
reason it is said that space does not hold sway in the astral. This is
only partially true. For the magician this is especially true when it
comes to astral journeying and astral communication with other beings.
In other words, the well trained magician may travel to any physical
place through the astral realm and communicate with another being
regardless of where in space they may reside. Time (i.e., sequence)
however, holds a firm grip upon the astral realm and to truly travel
throughout time, the magician must work within the mental realm.
The mental realm spans both the realm of sequence (time) and the
non-sequential realm (eternity). Within the highest reaches of the
mental realm, there is no sequence and one steps out of time, as it
were, and views things from an eternal perspective. In the lower
reaches of the mental realm (that of sequential thought and physical
matter) time is a factor. Only at the level at which the mental realm
intersects the physical realm does space become a factor, but this is a
small part of the overall mental realm and thus we say that neither time
nor space restricts the mental substance."