Re: Step one asteral

Message 03548 of 3835

Dear Dan,

>> What are your thoughts regarding this issue? Are these thoughts,
related to the process, considered a distraction? I sort of think they
are because a seperation is not occuring during these times. <<

These thoughts -- or at least your pursuit of them -- belong *after* the
exercise is complete, but when you become involved with them *during*
the exercise, they do indeed constitute a distraction. Or rather, your
*involvement* with them *during* the exercise constitutes a distraction.

>> Additionally, the colors that I see with my eyes closed seem to be a
distraction. The purple and yellow color I believe to be fluids bathing
the eyeballs. Is this correct? <<

This is a normal physiological reaction to closing your eyes and has
absolutely no significance.

>> Finally, I suspect that my problem is related to an excessive
analysis of myself during the exercise. What are your thoughts? <<

The first exercise is observation, not evaluation. :) Your evaluation
should be saved for after the exercise is complete.

331 Jan 2005