self-suggestion/assurance

Message 03587 of 3835

Greetings all

I have entered a phase of my studies where I try to turn belief (even mild)
into certitude . This means being more "scientific" about it all. By
"scientific" I mean, in part, understanding something by relating it to
other, better understood (by me) phenomena. I also try to rewrite IIH (for
myself) instead of just reading it.

It strikes me that an important, perhaps pivotal aspect of Bardonism is
what can be called self-suggestion. All the time Bardons says: "Be totally
convinced that this is so". (Maybe self-assurance is a better term.)

This seems very close to Coué and his followers, and all those who came
after, with different kinds of "positive thinking", endogenic training, etc.

Also seems related to the "decretism" of Pascal Beverly Randolph
(1825-1875). "At the instant of the decree, the imagination of the
decretist must absolutely banish all other preoccupations." (MAGIA SEXUALIS)

This is perhaps just a peripheral historical point, but I wonder from where
Bardon took this self-suggestion thing, that have since passed into
mainstream thinking?

Also I wonder about the relationship to Randolph.

Stu

Main Index | Thread Index