Re: Step 1

Message 03591 of 3835

Dear Joel,

>> Some time ago, I restarted the book..and I am now in the fourth
exercise of step 1, in the magick instruction of the spirit.I am
practing this fourth exercise(non thought exercise..VOM..vacancy of
mind..EOM..empty of mind..) for a long time, but I am not being able to
achieve the 10 minutes required for going on to other exercises. Can
someone help me? or give any suggestion? <<

Considering what's happening hormonally in your body right now, this
exercise may pose challenges that someone who has passed puberty would
not encounter. Quieting your surface-mind for extended periods of time
might prove difficult, but not necessarily impossible.

My question to you is: Are you able to achieve an emptiness of mind for
less than 10 minutes or not at all? Can you maintain it for perhaps 5
minutes?

If you're having trouble achieving the emptiness, then I recommend that
you read some of the resources already available and see if that clears
it up. I suggest three resources: 1)
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/IIH-Step1.html 2)
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Corresp-IIHPractice.html and 3) go to
there. It will search the archive for past messages about this subject.