Re: desire in hermeticism

Message 03594 of 3835

Frater Serpentis Satori,

By saying you can't mitigate suffering I didn't mean to say that you
can't alleviate it. What I meant by mitigate was making it seem not
as bad. I just wanted to make that clear if it was misleading.

I already posted this same message but I'm not sure if it got
through so I'm posting it again.

I also I'm not going to post for a while so you don't have to reply
to this message.

beginner

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "hermetics10"
<hermetics10@y...> wrote:

> Frater Serpentis Satori,
>
> You can't mitigate suffering but I've always thought that to want
> escape life because suffering exists and is possible is too much.
> I'm not really a fan of Buddhism.
>
> beginner
>
> --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> <serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> > LVX
> > Just in that you lack an ego to participate in "human drama"
> and "self-created suffering". You just handle it in a more
detached
> way, but in fact you come in contact with great suffering and
sorrow
> at that level, because it reminds you of the import of
> Compassion/The Great Work.
> > So you spend more time being selfless, and helping others who
> seek Liberation.
> > LVX
> > Frater Serpentis Satori
> >
> > hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Frater Serpentis Satori,
> >
> > I was just thinking that when you reached the level of
perfection
> > then you would have control over how much suffering you would
> > encounter.
> >
> > Ardeshir
> >
> > --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> > <serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> > > LVX
> > > Well Alchemic Hermeticism (Rosey Cross School at least),
> > espouses something akin to the Buddhasitva Oath, that is often
> > called Making the World Gold, or The Great Elevation which will
> end
> > suffering, but as you say, through a radically different means.
> > > Evola wrote a book about Buddhism that is very good, and
> > Crowley's teacher Alan Benet founded the British Buddhist
Society,
> > so this hybrid of both Buddhism & Hermeticism at least dates to
> the
> > Edwardian Age. Bardon seems very familiar with much of Tibetian
> > Theory, likely Evens-Wentz as well.
> > > LVX
> > > Frater Serpentis Satori
> > >
> > > hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Serpentis Satori,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your reply. I understood what you said. From my
> > > understanding Hermeticism doesn't espouse Buddhism's goal of
non-
> > > existence and non-involvement which I ultimately see as also
> > serving
> > > the purpose of the cessationg of suffering though through a
> > > different outlook or goal.
> > >
> > > Thank you again for your reply.
> > >
> > > beginner
> > >
> > > --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> > rejoin
> > > our divinity while training our Will in many sub-sytems.
> Buddhism
> > is
> > > focused upon releasing us from the chains & imprisonment of
> > > Ignorance so we will cease incarnation. These goals only
> > > supperficially contradict each other.
Absolute
> > > after The Creator/The Divine, and so it is spoken of in
similar
> > > reverance. This is the Arete of Homer, The True Will of
Crowley