Re: Re: Solar opening

Message 03608 of 3835

Dear Stephen,

>> Given this, is it possible to accidentally cause problems by
meditating centered in the solar plexus while still in step 1/2? I know
that Bardon leaves off any solar plexus meditation until step 5, but
I've been able to solve some of the problems I was having in meditation
by focusing on the solar plexus area. I doubt that this would be a
problem, but I guess it's good to make sure. <<

There are significant differences between "meditating centered in the
solar plexus", Bardon's Step Five exercises, and actively trying to
force open the solar plexus chakra. :) The attempt to force open a
chakra is dangerous and self-destructive under any circumstances and
attempting Bardon's Step Five exercise during Steps 1 & 2 would be, to
say the least, unwise, but simply "meditating centered in the solar
plexus" is harmless. :)

By focusing your awareness in this region you are immersing your
awareness in the belly-breath instead of the chest-breath and this has
the effect of "grounding" your awareness in a more intuition and
instinct based mode of function than the more intellectual mode of
function that results from focusing awareness in the chest and head
regions. For an experiential exercise in the effect that focusing your
awareness within each of the four Elemental regions of the body has upon
the function of your awareness, I recommend
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Regions.html