Re: Akasha Musings (longish)

Message 00021 of 3835

Dear RM,

>> Advanced Hermetic practitioners have integrated the three levels
within themselves and can affect the three Planes all at once or
individually. We beginners on the other hand don't usually manage much
inter-plane interaction either internally or externally. <<

The latter part of your statement is somewhat inaccurate. EVERY human
being exists *because of* "inter-plane interaction". What
differentiates the magician is that with magic we are interacting
*consciously* and *intentionally*. This is what makes our interaction
"magical" -- the ingredient of conscious intention.

>> I suspect that one of the reasons Franz Bardon starts us off with
Mental Plane magick so early in our
studies is to begin the process of opening the channels that link the
planes within ourselves. <<

More specifically, it's because the magician's mental body directs all
acts of magic. Therefore, the work begins with the training of the
mental body: the Step One Mental exercises train mental discipline; the
Astral exercises train self-analysis (a mental process of examining the
personality and its emotional roots); and the Physical exercises are all
directed *by the mind/mental body*. So, with Step One your mental body
is focused upon your mind, upon your astral personality and upon your
physical body.

>> I am guessing that Bardon starts us off with Theurgical exercises
because (a) it's more likely to work with the relatively weak
capabilities of most beginners, and (b) there are no ethical issues
concerning other people's free will and so on (I imagine this is
particularly important while we are still struggling to transform our
personal negative traits). <<

Self-mastery is what enables one's ability to directly influence the
external world. Furthermore, if the magician is not in perfect control
of their own self, then control of 'other' is unpredictable, erratic and
often destructive in the end. A magician must also be able to
*directly* influence the mental plane *before* being capable of
*directly* influencing the astral and physical levels of density.

>> In addition to the usual mundane efforts in support of that goal I
was wondering if it would be advisable to "put out a mental call"
through the Akasha inviting (on the Mental Plane) others into my life
who have the potential to become new friends. If this is an advisable
use of Step 1 magick, how would I go about doing it? Should I imprint
the Akasha of the air around me with the "call" or should I try to
visualize the mental plane (perhaps as some misty realm) and use my will
to send out my call though that level of reality? Does anyone have any
suggestions? <<

I suggest that you experiment with the ideas you've brought up and see
*for yourself* if they work, how well they work, etc. :)