Introduction

Message 00082 of 3835

Dear Rawn et al.,

I'm currently attending the University of Waterloo in Southern
Ontario, working towards my BA in psychology. As such, depending on
my course load, I'll probably be more of a lurker of sorts, grateful
for whatever insights into the works of Franz Bardon that I might be
able to glean from the discussions.

I am also an active practitioner of Taiji Quan who studies Chen, Shen
and Yang style Taiji Quan. My instructor having primarily learned
most of his art from Shen Zaiwen and Master Jou Tsung Hwa though he,
as do I, consistently works towards a better understanding of the
form and the energies that are found within Taiji Quan.

Having a background within the Chinese Martial Arts, I too find that
Bardon's conception of the electrical and the magnetic fluids closely
relates the concept of Yang and Yin. In fact, I personally go a step
farther to see a connection between the first chapter of the Dao De
Jing and Rawn Clark's commentary upon The Emerald Tablet of Hermes
and hence with the Tree of Life.

The Dao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Dao.
The name that can be named is not the true name.
The nameless (Wuji) is the origin of both heaven (Yang) and earth(
Yin);
That which we give name (Taiji) is the mother of all existence,
Darkness within darkness, the gate to all mystery.
All who desire can see only the manifestation of it;
All who renounce desire can see the mysteries.
--- Lao Zi, Dao De Jing #1

Wuji = Kether.
Yang = Chokmah, electric fluid. Yod.
Yin = Binah, magnetic fluid. First Heh.
Taiji = Tiphareth, Air, the union of the electrical and magnetic
fluid. Vav.
The myriad things, usually expressed as the Wu Xing(Five Elemental
Phases) equaling Malkuth, earth, and the final Heh. Though, by far,
the Chinese conception of the Wu Xing is a far more fluidic and
cyclical than what you will find anywhere else. Which is primarily
due to, in my opinion, the geographic conditions that are to be found
in China.

Sure, I might be stretching things a tad, but it makes sense to me.
And, at this moment in time, that's one of the few things that matter
to me. I'm sure someone could easily point out numerous differences
between the two traditions, though one could also easily point out
numerous similarities as well. The fact of the matter is, each
tradition is attempting to try to explain the same thing, the
universe. As such, it is only logical that one find threads of
similarity between one tradition and the next.

Though, at the very same time I recognize that similarity does not
make them the same. As such I try not to fall into Plato's
famous "Socrates is a duck" theorem: Socrates has two legs, ducks
have two legs. Therefore Socrates is a duck.

Furthermore, I'm an active member of the local university alternative
spirituality club. In which we do a lot of discussion on energetics,
astral projection, healing, empathy and so forth. Oftentimes leading
to some practical, hand's on working of what we have been discussing.

I also must confess that my current copies of _Initiation into
Hermetics_ and _The Key to the True Quaballah_ are from online
sources. Though I do plan on getting all three of Bardon's works once
I actually get some money. Which, as a university student, probably
isn't going to be for some time. Though, given Bardon's openness with
expressing his works I'd think that he probably wouldn't mind my
little copyright infraction overly much. :)

Brightest blessings,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index