Re: How to be the Silent observer ?

Message 00115 of 3835

Dear Mahazou,

>> I am a very low level practionner and my every night problem is to
observe my thoughts. As a daydreamer, it seem "very hard" to be the
silent observer. I am very close to my thoughts so that i forget myself
during the meditation. I have also a non stop inner dialog Have you
faced this problem ? For all, please: is there a " tip" to master this
ability ? help!!!! <<

Perseverance is really the answer with this exercise. Each time that
you find yourself involved and no longer passively observing -- stop
what you're doing, acknowledge that you've become involved, and then
detach and return to observing. Do that EVERY time. Avoid feeling
frustrated or powerless and instead, simply stop, acknowledge and
detach.