Re: Emptiness of Mind

Message 00123 of 3835

Dear Geoffrey,

>> I have a question for step 1, emptiness of mind. While doing this,
there are times when I will forget my conscious self. But I am awake
coz I am sitting straight up, using the physical exercise of step 2,
while doing this exercise. And things just go blank. Is this correct?
<<

Yes, so long as you are still *aware*. It's fairly common, at this
stage, that you don't *remember* what transpires beyond thought (i.e.,
you forget), but you should remain aware *during* the emptiness. In
time, you will find that the emptiness is really quite full -- the only
thing it is "empty" of is thought.

As I explain (and demonstrate) in Lesson Three of the "Self-Healing
Archaeous" audio series, the emptiness of mind state is the Fire region
of the mental body. When you focus your awareness exclusively in this
region through practice of the emptiness of mind, there is a direct
perception of essential meaning which occurs beyond thought, idea, word,
feeling, etc. It is pre-cognitive, so in order to become aware of what
you are perceiving in that state, you must carefully return to a
cognitive state. In the Archaeous, I recommend that you enter the
emptiness from a one-pointedness state and then *return to
one-pointedness* immediately after your emptiness. By entering *from*
one-pointedness, you take your point of focus into the emptiness and it
sets the stage, so to speak, for the direct perceptions within
emptiness. Then, when you return to one-pointedness and examine your
point of focus anew, the pre-cognitive direct perceptions from the
emptiness take shape as thoughts, ideas and words. By doing this, you
begin to build a bridge of continuous awareness between thinking
cognition and the pre-cognitive direct perception of essential meaning
found in the emptiness.