Re: Emptiness of Mind

Message 00133 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Sy <geoffrey_sy@y...>"

Hi Geoffrey,

This is unsolicited , with all due respect to all, I'd just like to
add a little something. Just let it happen. From what I have learned,
the idea of learning to "let go" of your thoughts is for us to learn
not to end up forcing concepts and ideas into the practice to be able
to get results. That was why he said "to be a silent observer". This
is a natural tendency of a person in the study - to be expecting the
results or effects of the practice. At this early stage, the student
is likely to simulate experiences where later on in the study it
might be the cause of a stagnation. I fell into the trap before when
I was so eager to get results and be able to say something to my
guide.

Your thoughts will become more "meaningful" as you progress in the
study.

During this stage, just learn to focus and extend the duration of
this focus. Breathing properly is of utmost importance.

I hope I worded it properly that you got my point and that I was able
to help you in any way.

<geoffrey_sy@y...> wrote:
> Thanks Rawn,
>

> Regarding the one pointedness after I return from emptiness, what I
> focus upon? should I focus upon the period I went into emptiness
in
> the sense that the blank there will become meaningful thoughts?
Did I get it right?

Main Index | Thread Index