Re: Step one, all parts

Message 00143 of 3835

Dear Alexandra,

>> I have been working on this now, but still find myself too active. I
kind of slip into emptiness of mind, and upon emergence, start to
think, -well, you just observed emptiness... great! Now what? And
then the dreaded dialog starts up. I can stop it fairly easily, but
often slip back to
emptiness. <<

The brain will slow of its own accord when you do not participate in its
activity. For some, the mind goes completely silent after a short
time of passive, uninvolved observation, so don't be afraid of observing
this silence with equal passivity. Mental silence is not an indication
that you're doing something wrong. The idea here is to passively
observe *whatever* transpires in your brain -- there doesn't *have to
be* thoughts for you to observe and imposing the need for observable
thoughts is *not* passive observation. ;)

>> I will keep working on (1) of the thought control, magical schooling
of the Spirit, until I get it right. But how about the other parts of
Step 1? Like the schooling of the soul (soul mirror), the body, breath,
nourishment? Should they all be worked on simultaneously, kind of like
a unit? <<

***Yes!!!*** Bardon instructed that the magical training must be
balanced and that *all three* sections of each Step (mental, astral and
physical) should be pursued in unison, simultaneously, one *with* the
other. Whilst you are doing the mental exercises, you should
*simultaneously* be working on the construction of your soul mirror and
upon the physical exercises. The exercises of the three sections of
each Step go hand in hand with each other.

The exercises in each section are done in the sequence indicated. In
other words you would start with the first exercise of each section and
work on them *together*. When, for example, you have mastered the
mental observation exercise, you move on to the one pointedness.
Invariably, you will still be working on the first part of the astral
exercise, so you continue on with it until it's complete. Likewise,
with the physical exercises, each time you master one, move on to the
next. Generally, it will take approximately the same amount of time to
master all of the exercises in each section, but if it doesn't then you
keep perfecting what you have mastered of the finished section while you
complete the unfinished section. Only when the exercises from all three
sections have been mastered do you go on to the next Step.

>> I downloaded Archaeous folder 2 and 3, but they are empty? Folder 1
contained the intro and the first exercise. <<

Something must have gone wrong somewhere in your download process. I
just now checked all of the links to Lessons 2 and 3 and they do contain
the .zip files. I suggest that you try again with the .zip files or,
alternately, download each of the .mp3 parts individually.