Fw: ESSENTIAL BLOODY MEANING! :)

Message 00154 of 3835

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I received an excellent set of questions from a personal
correspondent as part of an ongoing discussion of "essential meaning".
I replied and asked if he'd mind my forwarding it to BardonPraxis.
Since he's already a member of BardonPraxis and all around good guy, he
said sure. :) So here it is:

Dear Conn,

Essential meaning can be *symbolized* through words but it can never be
completely expressed with them. It's a pre-cognitive experience and the
putting into words bit, comes after perception. It's not a part of the
perception itself.

What that means is that I can't tell from your words, if you're
describing a direct perception of essential meaning or only the
words/thoughts/ideas that follow from it.

When you perceive the essential meaning of a thing, like a rock, apple
or person, it's a flood of all sorts of information. It's not just what
you think about it or feel about it, yet the information you perceive
*contains* how you think and feel about it. In other words, you
perceive the whole of the thing. You perceive its "purpose", the
imprint of everything it's been through and its "personality", all at
once. It's so much information, that your brain can't comprehend it
until you begin putting words/thoughts to it. But you don't want to
begin putting words/thoughts to it too soon as this can interfere with
*direct* perception. Instead, you want to savor it for a bit first. :)

I don't remember whether you've been working with the Archaeous audio
lessons or not? If not, I recommend that you do because Lesson Three
gives a sound method for experiencing essential meaning and integrating
it into the words/thoughts level of your mind.

The basic process/technique is to begin with a one-pointed meditation
upon your apple, for example. When your one-pointedness feels complete,
go *directly* into an emptiness of mind. It's within the
non-thinking/speaking emptiness that you find the perception of
essential meaning. Spend whatever amount of time in the emptiness as
seems appropriate and then return *directly* to a one-pointed meditation
on your apple.

When you enter into an emptiness from a one-pointedness, you are, in
effect, seeding the emptiness with your one-pointedness. The emptiness
thus seeded, will pertain to the focus you brought to it and within the
emptiness you will perceive *essential* information about your previous
point of focus. This, of course, occurs without form (i.e.,
thoughts/words/idea) and until you get comfortable with this level of
non-word/thought perception (sort of like letting your eyes adjust to
darkness), it's most likely that you won't be conscious of perceiving.

When you return from this seeded emptiness, to your original point of
focus, you are, in effect, bringing the direct perceptions of essential
meaning, back with you, into the realm of thoughts/idea/words. They
will naturally accrue form and you will then be able to recognize them
as new thoughts/ideas/words that pervade your one-pointedness. These
will be ideas and thoughts that weren't present during the
one-pointedness meditation which preceded your entry into the emptiness.

In Lesson Three of the Archaeous, it's a bit more complex AND complete
than what I've just outlined, but those are the bare bones of the
technique. In the Archaeous, you consciously descend from the Air
region of your mental body, wherein you engaged in your one-pointedness
meditations (the Fire region was the emptiness), and bring those
ideas/thoughts down into the Water region of your mental body. This is
the awareness of your entire astral body, so this re-contextualizes your
direct perceptions in the language of emotional significance, adding yet
another layer of integration to your understanding of the essential
meaning. Then you consciously descend into the Earth region of your
mental body (i.e., the awareness of your physical body) bringing the
essential meaning, clothed with thoughts and emotional significance,
into the realm of your mundane awareness (i.e., your brain-bound
consciousness).

So, if you haven't taken it up already, then I suggest the Archaeous.
This is a way for you to experience it first-hand. Well hell, what did
you expect? *I* can't resist inserting at least one "find out yourself"
statement! ;-)

PS: Do you mind if I forward this to the BardonPraxis list? It fits
right in with a previous thread.