Re: re: Practice Rituals & Doubting Yourself

Message 00155 of 3835

Dear Lloddfafnir,

>> First off let me ask a question. Does anybody do a kind of ritual
when they do their bardonian exercises? I mean do you just sit on a
chair or lay down somewhere and say " Ok, time do do my exercises!"
or do you actually do a sort of ritual before you get into the
bardonian exercises. By a ritual I mean like doing the Lesser
Banishing, or a purification or lighting inscense?
The reason i ask is that me and a fellow occultist have been having
an ongoing debate/discussion for the last several years as to
whether it is better to light inscense, do a purification etc, etc
before starting the exercises or just to do them. <<

Everyone is unique. If you need ritual to put you in focus, then do it.
If you feel that doing ritual will make you dependent upon ritual, then
don't do it. It really is that simple. :)

>> Next question. How does one learn to discern the difference when
talking to spirits, or when doing mental travelling etc, between what
reallity is and fantasy. <<

I suggest that you re-read Step Eight where it pertains to mental
wandering. By the time you reach Step Eight, you *know* the difference.