Re: Re: A personal quality in danger......... clinging for dear life!

Message 00310 of 3835

Dear Jason,

>> May I also ask a question re: Auto-Suggestion?
Is the *intense* mental focus demanded of other IIH exercises
appropriate for Auto-Suggestion?
In my experience, it's very difficult to drift into sleep while
maintaining a level of focus commensurate with, say, the single-
pointedness exercise.
If I perform A-S this way, it feels that I've denied the "proper"
mental state (ie, where the subconscious is most receptive) from
manifesting.
However, if I perform A-S *without* the intense focus (and thereby
allow the hypnagoic state to dominate), it feels like the repetitions
get lost within the whirlpool of escalating mental noise.
Any advice would be much appreciated! <<

A-S is the re-programming of the *sub*conscious mind, therefore, you
want to make use of the hypnagogic state. So, when you're repeating
your A-S _prior_ to sleep, don't invoke the intense focus, but rather,
let your A-S flow into your subconsciousness with ease. Then, when you
repeat your A-S _upon waking_, do use your intense focus since you are,
at that point, trying to bring your A-S into your *conscious* awareness
in preparation for your day.

In other words, do both. :)