Re: Shielding

Message 00424 of 3835

Dear RM,

>> As part of Thought Discipline (step 1 of IIH) I frequently need to
dismiss thoughts inappropriate to my current environment (i.e., thoughts
of work intruding at home and vice versa). I have developed the habit of
banishing these thoughts with an imagined sweep of my arm (I envision my
gesture sweeping the intruding thoughts away). I instinctively sweep
right to left (counter clockwise). Since initiating the shield (rotating
clockwise) I have encountered distinct resistance to sweeping away
thoughts with a counter-clockwise gesture--even though I wasn't thinking
of the rotating shield at the time. I have had to use my "other"
imaginary arm to sweep thoughts away left to right. That works just fine
without resistance. I have no idea if this is a purely psychological
phenomenon or if it has something to do with the shield itself. <<

It's likely a combination of these two factors but primarily due to the
shield itself.

It *is* possible to program your shield so that *it* accommodates you
and what you are used to. :) You can direct it to offer no resistance
to your counter-clockwise banishing. Or, you can adapt to a clockwise
banishing and take advantage of the extra oomph that your shield can
offer in that process. For example, for banishing you could use your
right hand in a sweeping motion from your left shoulder outward and in
this way, forcefully cast out all negativity, etc., with a clockwise
motion. And for invoking, you could also use you right hand, starting
in front and slightly above and to the left of center, and sweep
downward to your right hip, thus following a clockwise direction.

Best of all is to follow *your* intuition and shape your shield into a
tool that suits *you*. :)