Re: The little wonders + question

Message 00488 of 3835

Dear NB,

>> I have one little concern that I'll probably be able
to address using IIH: a handicap I have suffered from
for a long time is an excessive empathy : I start
feeling ill/sad/angry each time ill/sad/angry e.g.
people enter my office. And this occurs almost
immediately after they enter. I generaly do not even
know "it doesn't belong to me". Really believe I got
ill ...etc.
So my concern is that this handicap may even increase
now that I have closer contacts with my astral body.
This may now happen however, since said contact
becomes conscious, and as I learn to know myself
better : I may even be more able to detect "something
external" trying to intrude. What do you think ? <<

Regarding the control of empathy, I suggest you read my commentary on
the mental section of Step Four -- specifically the Q&A section,
question #3 ("I'm too empathic. How do I avoid adopting someone else's
mood?"). That's on page 86 of my book.

I think that your greater awareness of your three bodies, and your
astral body in particular, will act in your favor here instead of your
detriment. I bet it will afford you greater control over your empathy
since it will provide accurate knowledge of whether an influence is
external or not and provide you an awareness of the "point of entry"
(i.e., your astral body) for taking control of your own emotional
reaction.