Re: The little wonders + question

Message 00491 of 3835

Dear Newbieonekenhobby ~

<<This may now happen however, since said contact
<<becomes conscious, and as I learn to know myself
<<better : I may even be more able to detect "something
<<external" trying to intrude. What do you think ?

I think that will be the case, yes. By recognizing and knowing
intimately your own state, you will be better able to discern states
that intrude from an outside source. This I imagine would also make
the effort of shielding oneself from unwanted empathy easier. Another
possibility is to "out-empath" the other's negativity by projecting
your own positive alternative. :)

> Thanks for your previous message btw (moving between
> thought control to one pointedness to VOM etc.):
> answered a question I was wondering about. I thought
> of doing so, but I hesitated because ...I did not know
> whether it was allowed technically speaking :-)
> Stupid and typical - but this is one of the things
> I'll enjoy to improve: I have gone through so many
> techniques and precepts which had to be obeyed "by the
> book" that I hesitate taking the liberty to improvise
> :-)

I think that practice of this nature _should_ be followed "by the
book" until it is mastered and becomes private property, so to speak.
By recognizing the true purpose/motive behind any given practice
through mastery and personal experience, I make it my own and become
able to apply it in my personal life in my personal ways.

To use an analogy, I don't attempt to mimic another person's walk; I
master walking, and then I walk my way applying it to my purpose
(taking me where I want to go).

It's been fun; thanx for your patience!

Well met
Vovin