Re: Vacancy of thought

Message 00576 of 3835

Justin,

It is my opinion that the three meditative exercises found within
step one are essentially the same thing, with only qualitiative as
opposed quantitative differences. Within the observation of though,
vacancy of mind can be found in the empty spaces that exist between
one thought and the next. Within one pointedness, the vacancy of mind
exists behind the one pointedness and in vacancy of mind, the one
pointedness exists behind the vacancy, penetrating into the subject
that was previously held within the sights of one pointedness before
slipping into the vacancy.

In some respects, one could say that observation of thoughts exists
within the water region of the mental body, one pointedness within
the air region, and vacancy of mind being found within the fire
region of the mental body.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Radziel" <radziel@a...> wrote:
> Ave,
>
> Have past experience, but am working on Step 1 on IIH, as have just
of late
> fortunately stumbled upon Bardon's work. So, when
exercising "thought
> control" meditations in the past, there have been many methods, but
the one
> that is the most basic yet most rewarding is the focus on the
breath.
> Watching it enter and leave, watching the movement of the abdomen
pulling
> and pushing, rising and falling. The duality of it all, can easily
hold
> unwavering attention for quite some time. In IIH's Step 1, this
method would
> probably fall under the "single-thought" version of the meditation.
However,
> after about ten minutes of focusing on the breath, it's as if it
becomes
> automatic without losing the intense focus. Like that's where the
mind is
> at, but it's not thinking about it, it's just happening. This,
state of the
> meditation, seems like it would fit in the "vacancy of mind"
version of Step
> 1's meditation. Though, it seems like this approach is different
than that
> illustatrated by Bardon, for he says that in this last step of the
> meditation, all thoughts should be energetically dismissed. In the
method
> illustrated above though, there is not a chance for thoughts to come
> through, because the focus is on the breath, that is the sole
thought. Then,
> from the "1" thought, it transmutes to the "0" thought, just out of
> calibrating and aligning, if you will, the planes of self. Perhaps,
this is
> exactly what is meant by the Step 1 meditation, and this was all
just
> further description for it. In any case, this may be of some help
to others.

> PaxAmoreLvx,
> Justin
> AV
>

> "I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
> I really love to watch them roll"
> John

Main Index | Thread Index