Re: Speed of finger magick rituals

Message 00595 of 3835

Dear Gordon,

>> Does how fast you perform your finger magick practices influence how
fast you can develop it? I've been working on a fire element ritual for
a couple weeks and this morning, while I was practicing it, I got hit
with the question.
If you increase the speed at which you perform the ritual, does that
mean it's that much sooner before you are able to influence the mental,
astral and physical realms or does the speed you perform at not matter
that much? <<

The speed of your finger rituals will increase over time and with
practice. At first though, it's best to NOT speed through them. Go
slowly and make sure your finger ritual actually functions. It's the
functionality of your finger ritual that determines it's effectiveness,
not the speed with which you perform it. It's also the degree of
functionality that determines the density of its effectiveness (e.g.,
mental, astral or physical).

For example, with your Fire ritual. Work at its mental effectiveness
first. Go slow and once you are certain it is effective on the mental
level, build your speed. Then work on bringing it to an astral level of
effectiveness. This might mean slowing down a bit at first but your
speed with the astral ritual will increase with practice. Then when
you've managed it at a mental and astral level, work at building its
physical effectiveness.

The speed of these rituals is a function of your concentration. At
first it takes a slow speed to maintain the proper degree of
concentration. With practice, this degree of concentration comes faster
and faster and your finger ritual speeds up *because it takes less time
for you to reach the proper degree of concentration*.