Re: Loss of physical sense of taste and smell

Message 00771 of 3835

Dear NB,

>> ...If I may: could anybody give me a hint concerning
my previous call for help: "Loss of physical sense of
taste and smell" ? <<

Sorry, I wrote a reply to this one several days ago but it got lost in
the mix. :)

==================================
>> a) I know that the astral body gives us his interpretation of
physical sensations ("nice" vs. "painful" e.g.), but I'd like to
know whether the same body is in charge of "feeling or not feeling
at all".
...Because this would give me a hint to b) below :-) <<

Taste is almost completely dependent upon smell. For example, if you
can't smell (say you have a cold), you won't taste much of anything
unless it's VERY flavorful. If *every* test has been run (has she had
her sinuses cleaned thoroughly?) and *every* physical therapy tried then
I'd say it was one of two things.

1) Perhaps her sinus infection/cold was so severe that it damaged the
corresponding nerves that convey signals to the brain.

2) Perhaps there was some sort of significant emotional pain surrounding
this cold that her psyche has built such a strong barrier around that it
manifests as a loss of her senses of smell and taste.

In other words, This could be physiological or psychological. If it's
physiological then it would need to be treated at that level, either
medically or magically or both together. Magical treatment would
encompass her astral body surely, but the focus would be to repair the
physical damage. I doubt it could be repaired by focusing upon the
astral body alone.

If it's psychological instead, then treatment would focus upon the
astral/emotional body.