Re: [Bardon Praxis] Visualization Modes

Message 00772 of 3835

Dear RM,

>> If I had to guess, I'd say that questions about the visualization
exercise of step 2 win the prize for the most commonly asked
questions on the list. It also makes searching the archives an
experience in information overload. So please forgive me if this has
already been answered. <<

;-) Yeah and for me it's been a matter of writer's cramp instead of
information overload! ;-)

>> When I work on visualizing something I seem to have two distinct
modes. Mode 1 feels like it is deep inside --- it's like remembering
an image. Mode 2 feels like it is a projection of an image on the
insides of my eyelids. Mode 1 images seem to have better texture and
color and mode 2 images are more vivid (they seem to glow).
Please note that the images that appear to be projected on the
inside of my eyelids do NOT appear to be just a fading after-image
from whatever I looked at before I closed my eyes.
Anybody have any suggestions about which of the two modalities is
the correct one for IIH? <<

This is absolutely amazing, RM, you've come up with a *new* question!
;-)

The second mode is what you're aiming for, but the first mode is a part
of the process of reaching the second. Your second mode is the truly
creative mode which is not dependent upon memory and this is the ability
that these Step Two exercises strive to teach -- *creative* imagination.

These are not merely memory improvement exercises. This becomes
especially evident when you're creating an image that you've never seen
before -- in such a case, there's no memory to rely upon.

There's a similar corollary with the other sensory concentration
exercises as well. For example, with the auditory exercise it's
important that you are *creating* the sound, not just remembering it.