Re: experience of mind's control

Message 00782 of 3835

Dear Marco,

>> So it seems to me as I were a puppet with their will
dominating in the deep of myself, not mine. <<

This is just the brain-bound aspect of Mind that you're witnessing. It
has only as much power over you as you give it. Once you have
recognized its existence you can *ignore* it and thereby access higher
aspects of your Mind.

You could think of this lowest aspect of Mind as being the result of
neurons firing around your brain. As they fly about, these "little"
thoughts are generated. It's not exactly "thinking", per se, so much as
it is merely "brain function". These "little" thoughts are, for the
most part, unimportant and pointless.

>> I start to observe that beyond every
thought it hides itself a sort of fashion, of trick. Why should I
think them? lots of them have no sense, only fashion. Recurrent
thoughts, the ones who appear harmless, they are the worst. In the
moment you think they are won, in the following moment they re-appear
in all their fashion. Mind seems to appear to have a his life,
detached from me as a organizzation of his life without I have some
part in it. So it seems to me as I were a puppet with their will
dominating in the deep of myself, not mine. <<

I sense in this description as feeling of resentment or disapproval or
?, in regard to these facts. Yes? Does this aspect of your Mind bother
you somewhat? Does your lack of control over it incite a feeling of
antagonism against it? If this is so, then I suggest that you let those
feelings go and simply accept it for what it is, without bias. Just let
it be and simply observe it.

In this case, thought "control" means simply taking notice of it and
examining it so that you can recognize it. For more info on the meaning
of "control" in this context, check out
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Control.html

>> I would like to know whether this observation is correct. If anyone
can give me, in his more vast experience, direction. <<

Sounds to me like you're doing fairly well with this exercise. :) When
you have learned to distance yourself from it completely and can do this
uninterrupted for the allotted amount of time, then move on to the next
mental exercise.