Re: Colour Correspondences in the Tree of Life

Message 00796 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

>>>I'm not suggesting a dualism between body and Mind. However, there
is a hierarchy of causality. In other words, physicality is a natural
consequence of a mental causality but that mental causality is not a
consequence of physicality. This hierarchy of causality is important
to the practicalities of Hermetic magic since the magician works with
the higher causalities in order to affect the lower consequences. For
example, when one wishes to directly perceive essential meaning, one
doesn't consciously activate the right hemisphere of the brain;
instead, one willfully adjusts one's mental state.<<<

I would definetly beg to differ and say that the threads of causality
do run both ways. This is primarily through my experience within
Taiji Quan and Qigong. In particular when looking at how posture
effects emotion, and hence mentation. When one stands upright, raises
one's arms over their head and flexes their biceps...one will most
definetly find it rather hard to say, "I'm depressed." In contrast,
if one slouches forward, puts ones head between their legs, they will
find it rather hard to yell out, "I'm happy!"

Physiologically speaking, this is just an application of proper
posture. When one sits or stands upright, with the spine errect, none
of the nerves throughout the spinal cord are not pinched and neural
activity can travel up and down the spine freely. When one slouches
and the spine is otherwise not errect, then the spinal nerves are
crimped and neural activity can not move as freely, henceforth
effecting one's state of mind.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index