Re: Continuing Work

Message 00872 of 3835

Dear Dan,

>>Having read your comments regarding PME and KTQ I am a little
confused. On the one hand, Bardon himself notes that it would be
inadvisable for a someone who has not reached Step VIII of IIH to begin
working with PME/KTQ <<

Actually, he say specifically, one who has *completed* Step Eight. In
other words, the work of PME and KTQ are *concurrent with the work of
Step Nine*.

>> whilst at the same time you note that someone who
reaches step VIII would not actually need those books
at all. <<

Again, I said someone who has *completed* Step Eight. This is really
the point at which the universe opens itself to the initiate.

>> How does one reconcile those two statements?
My only guess is that he wrote them for academic
students (rather than practitioners) of the occult... <<

Primarily, they were written to show the way that lies ahead of the
novice. Secondarily, they were written for practicing magicians that
they might see another way (as Bardon put it, "The Way of the True
Adept"). Thirdly, they were written to accurately inform the passive
reader. And fourthly, I think Alan had it right that they were also
written so that the novice could begin to tell the fakers from the real.

>> Many thanks for you help (and continued support for Bardon's
students). <<

You're welcome! :) I appreciate your thanks.