Re: Regarding Orders/Fraternities/...

Message 00974 of 3835

Dear Joao,

>> But "younger" people (and I do not speak in terms of earthly age),
will surely have a greater dificulty in finding one that is truly
righteous... One that isn't simply after our money. These "mistakes"
can easily be considered a fragment of our normal path as human beings,
but isn't there a way to avoid this? <<

It depends upon one's maturity and one's karma. If one is mature enough
to question the prospective Order thoroughly and knows the questions
worth asking (such as those suggested in the other replies), then this
can be easily avoided. But if it is a matter of one's karma that
becoming part of a "false" Order is what you need to gain maturity, then
it seems unavoidable, doesn't it?

Discernment is a key faculty that every magician must develop. The
Orders that are after one's money are fairly easy to spot. It's the
Orders after things other than your money that take the greater powers
of discernment to avoid.