Re: Questions, questions, questions

Message 00975 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

Now if the various spheres that Bardon talks about in his PME relate
to the first eight sepheroth, then would it be possible to use your
Eight Temples Meditation project as a platform for getting in contact
with the spirits that Bardon talks about in PME? I know that while
working within the Library of Hermes I've come across a number of
different teachers, which I'm sure could be associated with the 72
spirits of the Mercury zone if I had enough time to sort things out.
Would learning as much from these teachers, and other spirits that
exist throughout the eight temples, be a particularly good thing for
the scholar that has not made it to step eight yet? And, consequently
might have some difficulty discerning an independent entity from a
relfection of one's own psyche? Or perhaps one should just go on the
assumption that the spirit in question is part of the scholars psyche
untill proven otherwise?

Now, if the planets are associated with the sepheroth, what of the
planetary associations of the double letters? From which seems to
flow that the letters are in turn associated with the sepheroth.
Using the third key, some of the letters seem to match up: Venus(Peh)
and Mars(Daleth) in particular. Though the others are up in the air
for me. Or am I making the old "Socrates is a duck error" of Plato
all over again?

Socrates has two legs.
Ducks have two legs.
Therefore Socrates much be a duck!

And yes, I have been working too much in the Library of Hermes. It
shows quite blatantly that I've been studying there for years upon
years without knowing it. One of the teachers there even went so far
as to say to me, in not so many words, "Get thee to Netzach!" :)
Which I will probably be doing sometime later this week.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> [...]
>
> Essentially, no. But by inference, yes. It's more that the
planets are
> associated with the Sephirot than that the Sephirot are associated
with
> the planets.
>
> >> (2) When Bardon talks about the Eathsphere, Moonsphere, et al,
is he
> talking about the various sepheroth of the tree of life? <<
>
> Yes! :) :) :)
>
> >> (3) Exactly how important is sequence within the various steps?
> Personally I was working through the step three mental exercises
upon
> the imagry of the tarot card of the World. While doing as such I was
> suddenly 'sucked' into the image of the woman within the tarot card,
> and started to experience the tarot card from the perspective of
this
> woman, complete with all of the physiological and emotional
> experiences. In addition to the knowledge of what the imagry of this
> woman is all about. And so on and so forth. This would seem to be
> diving really deep into the step four exercises and does show how
the
> exercises of one step flow seamlessly into the next... <<
>
> There is a big difference between a spontaneous experience such as
> you've described and being able to accomplish the same thing by act
of
> will and with intention and consistency. This is where adhering to
the
> sequence comes into play.
>
> We each incarnate with unique abilities and many of these emerge
during
> the Bardon work. This doesn't however, mean that those native
abilities
> don't need further training in order to become reliable faculties.
>
> >> (4) On the subject of sequence, within your commentary, Rawn,
you say
> that there is a long and complicated reason for why Bardon puts the
> exercises in the sequence that he does. Primarily in association
with
> the sequence of the elements and senses that are worked upon. So,
care
> to put forth the long and complicated reasons for this? <<
>
> No, not particularly. It would be too convoluted for me to write it
> clearly at present (and too time consuming).
>
> >> (5) When you create an good visualization, it naturally creates a
> connection with the astral counterpart of what is being visualized,
> correct? Now from my experience this connection can be used to
create
> a transference of consciousness. However, I'm not quite sure how to
> create a transference of consciousness with an object that is before
> the eyes as it where. Which, again, seems to go against the line of
> progression within step four that Bardon puts forth within step
four. <<

> With a visualization, you have the advantage of already
being "inside"