Re: does BardonPraxis combine with shaman rituals?

Message 00997 of 3835

dear rawn!

thanks alot for your reply!
and for encouraging me to have look at step two. i may still take some month to reach 10 minutes EOM.

yours viraj

From: "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@...>
To: <BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BardonPraxis] does BardonPraxis combine with shaman rituals?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:25:45 -0700

Dear Viraj,

>> i have a question concerning the use of ayahuasca: can those plants
help to heal and prepare the different bodys for expansion, are they
beneficial even in long term? or is the effect just limited to the time
of use and there is no substitute for practice and work? or is the use
of natural psycedelics
(the shaman way) even contradictory to bardon praxis? <<

There's a LOT more to the Shamanic path than just taking a few
hallucinogens! ;-) There's no less "practice and work" to the Shamanic
path than there is in the Hermetic path. In the right context, the use
of psychedelics can indeed have long-term healing effects, but in the
wrong context the exact opposite can easily result and there can occur a
magnification of dis-ease. If you're truly interested in exploring that
avenue, then I suggest you hook up with a *real* Shaman and ask for some
guidance.

Shamanism and Bardonism are not incompatible, however, they both require
a distinctly different sort of training.

>> i am still struggeling with step one, means trying to keep vigilant
in meditation and aware in daily life. and i have the feeling that i
need some support to get out of my fixed patterns of life, to heal some
issues in the body wich keep me dull and weak. <<

First off, stop *struggling*. ;-) Seriously, let go of that mind-set
of 'struggle'. Instead, relax into it. Otherwise, it will become a
burden very quickly and you'll get discouraged, which is no fun.

Secondly, I'd suggest some other healing modality than taking
psychedelics. If you're into Shamanic traditions, I'd suggest seeking
out a Sweat Lodge Ceremony with a *real* Med'cine Person. Otherwise,
something along the lines of Ayruveda, Chinese Medicine, etc., . . .
something that addresses the *whole* person.

And thirdly, the major portion of the work of character transformation
begins with Step Two. With Step One, you're just taking stock of the
inner territory, but in Step Two you really begin making changes to the
inner landscape. These are the techniques which will get you out of
those fixed patterns and help you to heal those internal issues which
are keeping you "dull and weak".

If you've already finished the construction of your positive and
negative Soul Mirrors, but are still working your way through the
meditation exercises, then I suggest that you look ahead to Step Two and
check into the techniques that Bardon described for use in the character
transformation. There would be no harm in your applying them to the
central issues that are making you feel the way you've described.