Re: Sensory consentration

Message 01081 of 3835

Dear Draco,

>> What im asking is during the past two days i have been mulling over
this point, if the vision exercise was not to be seen physically since
it is a mental exercise, as well as the hearing just being the mental
sound and not true Hi-fi sound, what am i suppose to experience when i
do these sensations? Should i shake and have my teeth chatter as i feel
the way cold seeps in to my bones; like ice water in a sponge? Or am i
wrong here and it should be something else?? Thanks once again for your
collective time. <<

Part of what you describe is the emotional impact of your memories.
Since the exercise proper is *just* the sensation without the attached
emotions, etc., it's possible that you won't experience these physical
effects. In any event, it's not a *requirement* (in so far as Step Two
is concerned) that your teeth chatter and you shiver with the cold or
that you begin to sweat with the heat. But on the other hand, these are
not bad things so long as they're not forced and are not based upon the
inclusion of emotions, visualizations, etc.