Re: questions . . .

Message 01108 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

>>>Yes, that can be un-nerving and at the same time, very
liberating. :) I trust in your ability to integrate these two
perspectives. After all, science and mysticism attempt to describe
the same essential universe, just with different languages and
different mind-sets. Integrating the two is really not much different
than speaking two languages.<<<

Un-nerving, unsettling, frightening, liberating, confusing and
ecstatic all at the same time would be a better way of putting it. :)

As for integrating these two perspectives: at this point in time I'm
not quite sure whether that is actually possible or not. However,
it's not like the two perspectives are totally mutually exclusive of
one another. It is just that the Hermetic and Kabbalahistic
perspective can explain the scientific viewpoint but not vis a vis.

Now, questions! In several places within his books Bardon speaks
about something called 'mummial magic', yet never quite expands upon
what he means by that. I get the feeling that he is refering to
something along the line of good old fashioned sympathetic and
contagious magic as posited by James Frazer within _The Golden Bough_
which relates heavily to some old shamanistic practices. I'm
wondering if you could expand upon this as an internet search really
didn't yeild too much in the way of results.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index