Re: Major life changes

Message 01196 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Marcus C. Tate, PhD"
<marcus@j...> wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hello everybody,
>

> I joined this list last weekend, and have been spending the
last few
> days catching up with all
>
> the archives. It's taken me over a year to get around to
getting
> started with Bardon's trilogy, and
>
> after several false starts I'm now on Step 1 of IIH. And I'm
looking
> forward to learning from all of you
>
> on this list - it's exciting!
>

> One thing that's puzzling me at the moment is - how to run my
business
> in a stable way when I'm going
>
> through such profound life changes. Do any of you have some
> comments/ideas/tips around that topic?
>

> Although I'm lucky enough to be able to keep my own hours, it
can be a
> very real challenge to deal with the
>
> public in a somewhat consistent way when you'd really rather
be a
> hermit for a few weeks!
>

> If any of you have had similar experiences about how you've
handled
> this, then I for one would love to hear
>
> them.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Marcus.
>
> Dear Marcus

I guess it is the same for me, in some ways. I have a family and my
own business, and like spending time with both, but would rather
explore my new discovery. I guess the most positive way of looking at
it, for me, is to say, well, this is the workshop where I try out
what I am learning about myself. I look forward to my nights, when I
meditate and study (I just started and am on Step One) I wondered
whether to put off IIH until I had time, I am moving house, the
business is very busy, etc. but I decided that as I am getting quite
old now, I had better sieze the day!

Another problem with retiring from the world, I have observed, is
that one can become lost in a backwater. I saw quite a bit of this
when I used to belong to Buddhist communities. I visited one fairly
remote one in Scotland, where a group of people who lived there were
not just arguing about what day of the week it was, they were arguing
what month it was! For me, if it don't work in the world I live in,
then I don't think it's worth working on. Hope this helps. I agree,
that Bardon is great and a lot of fun, it's working for me, and is
very exciting.

Regards, uthlagus

Main Index | Thread Index