Re: Elemental Correspondance

Message 01315 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

Six months ago I would have given the exact same elemental
correspondences to the senses, and those associations would have been
purely logical. Now, however, while I maintain the same
correspondences, my reasoning for using such correspondences has
strayed quite a far ways from pure, rational logic and has entered
into the realm of intution and personal experience.

When working with the solitary mental body, which consists of only
the fire and air regions of the mental body, generally speaking, the
only perceptions that are encountered are optical, auditory, or
dependent upon the direct perception of essential meaning.

When working with the astra-mental body, which consists of the fire,
air and water regions of the mental body, the perception of feeling
is encountered. In fact, it is that sense of tactile realism that is
generally considered to be the defining point that differentiates
between mental and astra-mental projection. Moreover, it is this
amount of the water element that seems to solidify the mental body
down into an astral density as an expression of the water elements
magnetic nature.

With regards to the guided visualization of the 8T, I personally feel
that it is the inclusion of the two torches in the tunnel that
solidifies the visualization as one sees the flames, hears the
crackle of the embers, feels the heat, and smells the combustion of
the carbon. Without something to this effect, the visualization is
just up in the air as it where, not having the same sort of life to
it.

Also, a lovely method for producing a clear mind is to focus upon the
imput that each of the five senses are receiving in turn in a
specific order: sight, hearing, feeling, smell and taste. In essence,
working through the natural order via which things manifest
themselves; fire, air, water, and finally earth. Which is, of course,
the same order that Bardon posits for the sequence of sensory
concentration exercies.

On the other hand of things, the elemental correspondences that you
posit do make some sense. Allbeit primarily upon an intellectual
level and not really upon an intuitive level. The sequence of sensory
concentration exercises would follow the Kabbalahistic sequence of
creation: fire, water, air and then earth.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index