Re: Re: Fasting (& Vegetarism)

Message 01375 of 3835

I involuntarily fasted years ago, when travelling thru central Spain and had my
wallet lifted in Madrid! I heard voices, not
distinct but muttering. Any others experience this?

&*I learned that starving myself of food and drink opens me up to unbalanced
spiritual influences. But when I learned to listen to
my body to know how to fast (rather than just going without food and drink in
an orthodox fast,) I learned what is and what isn't
helpful by way of 'fasting' for me. There are lots of ways to fast. A person
can fast from using the computer. Or a person can fast
from thinking certain thoughts. Or a person can fast from anything else.
Wouldn't you agree that fasting is really a lot like ocean
ships coming into port to have the barnacles removed from their surfaces? Or
perhaps like turning out the grow lights on one's
indoor marijuana garden after the point-of-diminishing-returns so that the
plant can sleep without the intrusive light? Like
desisting from any compulsive/obsessive habit in order to regain balance and
orientation.
BTW Ron, I really enjoyed your vegetable/garden relationship account, too.

steve

Main Index | Thread Index