Re: Spreads

Message 01409 of 3835

Greetings Justin

Just a thought: I looked at spreads when first trying Tarot and other
oracles. Then I made an experiment and made a spread of my own, which
worked very well. Since then I have used almost no spreads from books. Also
I prefer oracles that do not have ready "interpretations". I sometimes
also construct my own oracles.

You know (hopefully ;-) what you want to know. Make a spread that is
designed to answer your specific question. In other words, adjust the
spread to the question.

Personally I've benefitted from a spread I made about "self-sabotage". (I
got a spread from a person who made an original spread on this, but I ended
up using my own. It's almost like using your own toothbrush...)

Also, there's something called Destiny profile in a book about runes by
Ralph Blum. Blum himself writes "there is a seriousness about this spread
that sets it apart from other Runic exercises". You do this once in a
lifetime, and never again. Of course you don't need to do it specifically
with runes. The questions answered/commented on by the Destiny profile are:

What is my nature?
Why was I born?
What is my vocation?
What is my destiny?
What is my cross?
What is my unified self?

I've added a question of my own: "Do I *really* want to know?" ;-) If
answered with "no", forget all about the other questions.

I am gathering courage to do this spread any day now. (Like the day after
tomorrow.)

spread your wings

Stu

Main Index | Thread Index