Re: requesting help with chapter 1 of IIH

Message 01442 of 3835

Hi Maria ...

I can only speak of my own experience. I think replacement is the key.
One way to stop the 'words' in one's mind is to replace them with
images. I open up my mind's eye and just let the images flow. I focus on
seeing rather than hearing. It is possible that I have misunderstood the
intent of this exercise, though. Is it truly possible to completely
empty the mind? I would suspect that only happens at death.

-- Debra

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 11:43, mariaclearwater333 wrote:
> Hi everybody
> I am new to this group. For a very long time now (years), I am
> working every day very diligently on chapter 1 and wasn't able to
> stay for 10 minutes without thoughts. I feel quite desperate and am
> reaching out for your help. What helped you? How did you get to the
> place of having control over your thoughts?
>
> I am very thankful for specific help: Maria

Main Index | Thread Index