Re: requesting help with chapter 1 of IIH

Message 01445 of 3835

Dear Debra,

>> I can only speak of my own experience. I think replacement is the
key. One way to stop the 'words' in one's mind is to replace them with
images. I open up my mind's eye and just let the images flow. I focus on
seeing rather than hearing. It is possible that I have misunderstood the
intent of this exercise, though. Is it truly possible to completely
empty the mind? I would suspect that only happens at death. <<

:) Yes, it is possible to empty the mind of thought and you don't have
to die to do it! ;-) I recommend that you let go of even the images.
The replacement is good as a way to help sever the connection between
your awareness and the word aspect of thought (that aspect of thinking
which most of us are addicted to), but this is not a true emptiness.

You might find my "Center of Stillness Meditation" and my "Self-Healing
Archaeous" helpful in this regard. These can be found at
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/MP3-Links.html