Golden Dawn & Bardon

Message 01473 of 3835

Greetings from a newbie on the list

I guess I should do a short introduction: So far, my main "esoteric"
interests have been related to eastern practices: qigong, taoist
internal alchemy and yoga. I still consider them to be my main
interest.

I got my Bardon Books quite a few years ago but at that time I wasn't
able to commit that much time and energy so I let it wait for some
time. On the other hand, much of the earlier stuff (like pore
breathing etc) is somewhat familiar from my Qigong practices.

The last couple of years I have been also working with the Golden
Dawn - Crowley tradition (Which I just LOVE), daily performance of
the Lesser Banishing Ritual of Pentagram, Middle Pillar and Four
Adorations of Sun.

I have decided it is time for me to get back to Bardon stuff,
especially since there is nowadays so much great support available
from other people practicing the same system.

So I would like to know other people's experiences (and good advice
too) on combining different approaches. Taoism is an essential part
of my life philosophy so I could not imagine giving that up in favor
of something else. As for the Golden Dawn, since it too is a hermetic
system, moving upwards step by step, I feel it too is possible to
combine with Bardon's teachings. It just means - a lot of work!!!

Peace,

Thomas

Main Index | Thread Index