Re: Golden Dawn & Bardon

Message 01480 of 3835

Dear Thomas,

>> So I would like to know other people's experiences (and good advice
too) on combining different approaches. Taoism is an essential part of
my life philosophy so I could not imagine giving that up in favor of
something else. As for the Golden Dawn, since it too is a hermetic
system, moving upwards step by step, I feel it too is possible to
combine with Bardon's teachings. It just means - a lot of work!!! <<

Combining practices, especially when you're new to the practices, is a
very slippery slope and you always risk missing the truly important and
subtle aspects of the disciplines you're trying to blend. In my
experience, it's far more profitable to stick with one system and follow
it *thoroughly* than it is to touch the surfaces of several and
penetrate none of them *thoroughly*. Any *one* of the systems you
listed, if pursued thoroughly, is capable of taking you where you want
to go.