Re: Mental problem, an advise please!

Message 01538 of 3835

Dear Kostas,

>> Now, about Bardon's work I have done something really foolish. I
have done the mental exercise WRONG for five months. <<

Don't worry too much about doing something wrong. Sometimes you will
think that you have achieved something, but then when you REALLY
achieve it, you want to kick yourself ;)

For me it was the vacancy of mind exercise. I thought I had achieved
the desire state and was working up to about 5 minutes. Then I
REALLY achieved the vacancy of mind. Glad I did, but at the same
time I was disappointed. Working hard at something that wasn't quite
right :) But on the one hand, without that "failure" I wouldn't have
had the success. So whatever it is that you have done "wrong" might
have not been wrong but simply part of the learning experience.

And I know where you are coming from with the nervousness. I myself
am rather anti-social. I get really nervous and anxious aroung a
large group of people. Small groups of people that I know are okay,
but throw in some people I haven't met or don't know well... well I'm
sure you know what happens :)

But to give some encouragement: I've already noticed a change. I
don't get really nervous anymore around people. I still don't like
to draw attention to myself, but I've seen improvment there too. And
these are things that I haven't been working on. Just the general
mind set that practicing IIH gives you has helped me. I'm sure the
same will be true for you.

And if Hermetics is important to you, then by all means do not stop!
Part of the initiation process is overcoming our shortcomings.
Perseverance and willpower are built up as result of that work. Two
qualities that are very important to magical development. So if
something is challenging for you, take enjoyment in conquering it :)
Think not of it as work but as part of the step that you are on.
Don't stress over the things that are difficult. Take delight in
working on them.

All Will Go Well,
-- Alan

Main Index | Thread Index