Question: Interruptions: long (sorry)

Message 01582 of 3835

Hi all. I wanted first to thank you all for the great responses that I
have read on this board. All have been enlightening and a some
extremely useful. I have been a silent member of the board for a
while and have been interested in starting IIH for about a year now.
As I have already introduced myself in earlier posts I won't bore you
with preliminaries.

My issue is this: I have been interested in pursuing IIH for a while
now but my living situation has been so imbalanced that I figured I'd
put it on hold until things were more stable. A year has passed and my
life is just as unstable (if not more) but I'm finding that trying to
implement this practice into my life is extremely difficult. I have no
privacy where I live and my relationship with the person I live with
is extremely strained. So how does one practice in less than optimal
conditions? Do you continue to wait until you have the privacy and
time to devote or do you attempt to do what parts you can and hope
that you have completed them properly? Also my mental state is rather
scattered (if you couldn't already tell that from my writing) so I was
interested in some of the techniques in step 2 to help overcome this
just so I can get started. Is this a bad idea? I feel like I'm in a
catch 22-need the support of step 2 but need to complete step 1 before
I do step 2.

I'd really appreciate some help with this as I am really becoming
rather depressed that I have what feels like so little control over my
life right now.

Thanks
Pixi

Main Index | Thread Index