Re: Silence

Message 01601 of 3835

Dear Alex and Pasha,

>> Lately I wanted to make an exception and to present to her my
workings with TMO. I discussed my results of this work with her in
pretty much detail... In consequence I've "lost it all" - I had to put
much effort to come back to the same level... And as I felt it, this was
caused by my subconsciousness, and not by any external forces ;-) <<

This is most common with the new experiences and the new realizations.
Before you try telling them to someone, they are pure, raw experience.
However, the process of putting those experiences into words and
stringing them in some sort of logical sense, takes them out of the
realm of fluid experience and makes them rigid things. They lose their
fluidity and are no longer raw experience. You've effectively put them
in a little box and limited them. You've distanced yourself from that
raw experience.

The impact of this upon the subconscious is that it destroys the mystery
of raw experience and turns it into a mundane 'thing' -- into something
that happened, instead of something that is happening.

It's normal to want to tell some one about a new and exciting experience
you've had since sharing relieves the internal pressure of excitement.
Ordinarily, this is harmless and goes far to increase the intimacy with
the other person. But unless the other person has shared in the same
experience and can truly relate to your excitement, it will always
diminish the intensity of the raw experience for you.

The only times when this is not true is when you're sharing your
experience with some one undergoing the same experience or some one who
is accustomed to that experience. Then, your sharing is returned and
the other person shares their own impressions of their experience. This
sort of interaction *adds to* the mystery of the raw experience as you
each show the other new ramifications and new ways of seeing the same
experience. This sort of sharing opens *your* limited experience to new
horizons and empowers the sense of excitement which keeps the rawness of
experience alive. It deconstructs the structure you create in the
process of putting your raw experience into solid words.

An example of this is the TMO Working Group. After each ritual, we
share our experiences with each other and in so doing, our mutual
experience grows rapidly. In this way, we take each other higher
instead of lower, because we are opening each other to new horizons and
new possibilities. But again, this only happens because we are all
participating in the same experience.

Another example of this are forums like this one in which we share our
experiences with those who are also undergoing similar experiences or
who are familiar with the experiences we're describing. The insights we
receive from others open us to new possibilities within our own
experience and this counteracts the negative effect that putting our
experience into words has upon the experience itself.

Describing *techniques* however, is entirely different and has no
detrimental effect upon the personal experiences that have resulted from
our use of those techniques. It's only when we describe the raw
experience itself that we encounter this effect of diminishing the
aliveness and the mystery of something sacred.