Re: CSM

Message 01698 of 3835

Dear Allen,

>> Sorry if this isn't relevant to the discussion. <<

No problem. :) The CSM is a welcome subject for discussion here since
it fits into the broader topic of Bardon praxis.

>> When I first tried the CSM I managed to separate myself "half-way"
from my senses. I can't quite completely remove all stimulus.
Can I expect to complete remove myself from any sense input with repeat
practice? <<

Yes.

>> Is it better to really concentrate on removing one sense and move on?
Or just practice the whole CSM consistently? <<

Until you have the basic technique memorized and can work without the
recording, I suggest that you go through the whole CSM. The reason
being that part of what empowers the process of negating each sensory
input is the shifting of your focus onto something else. Really, it's a
two-fold process: First you separate the sensory input and ignore it,
then you shift your attention to the next sensory input or to some other
activity.

But once you are able to work without the CD, it would be best to go
through the whole process of separation from the sensory inputs very
slowly and firmly negate each input before moving on to the next sense.
This will take a bit more mental discipline that following along with
the CD.