Re: A nice, sweet, mental sleep.

Message 01718 of 3835

Dear :T:,

>> My question is more along the lines of: "What is defined as the
thought?". During observation of the 'mind-chatter', that which is
observed is sensed much more like a wisp of feeling below my observation
or *within* the observation. It becomes what I would categorize as a
thought when it is consciously or unconsciously focused upon, drawn into
the obserational 'sphere' and gravitates an enhanced magnetic attraction
to the focus of the self observing. <<

To understand the definition of a 'thought', one must first understand
the definition of an 'idea'. An 'idea' is a finite quantity of infinite
essential meaning as *perceived* by a mental body. A 'thought' on the
other hand, is what a mind does with the *perceived* 'idea'. An 'idea',
even though it is a finite thing, holds within itself the potential for
a countless number of 'thoughts' as the mind processes it. This
'thought' processing by the mind, is a matter of *personalizing* an
otherwise impersonal 'idea'. The personalization is accomplished by
"clothing", if you will, the 'idea' in countless reactions and
evaluations. Thus the mind *recognizes* a swarm of different
perspectives upon the original 'idea' that it *perceived*.

The mind's chatter is primarily composed of *emotional* responses to the
thoughts the mind generates to clothe an 'idea'. This is a very dense
and busy aspect of the mind which taps very directly into the
subconscious.

When one detaches from participation in the mind's chatter, that
busy-ness fades to reveal the underlying 'thoughts' and the *thinking
process* itself. It is within this context that one-pointedness occurs.
And within the EOM, one directly *perceives* the 'ideas' that underlie
'thought'.