Re: Re: A nice, sweet, mental sleep.

Message 01733 of 3835

Dear Pierre Mikael,

>> I am starting to be conscious of what implies the fact that the past,
future and present does exist simultaneously. <<

I suggest that a better way of conceiving this is to say that the only
thing that exists is *now*. In the non-sequential realm of eternity,
*now* is infinite and all-encompassing (i.e., it includes what, from a
temporal perspective, we'd call 'past' and 'future', all in a single,
infinite *now*). But here in the sequentialized temporal realm, *now*
is an infinitely finite thing that encompasses only the present moment.
In other words, within the temporal realm, 'past' and 'future' do not
exist since they are not encompassed by the temporal *now*.

But still, what doesn't change is the *quality* of *now* -- only the
*quantity* of *now* changes. The infinitely finite temporal *now* is
our doorway, if you will, to the infinitely infinite eternal *now*.

> In many respects, the "return" is more difficult and arduous for the
> mundane self than the "Crossing". It's not *just* ascension -- it's
> *also* the descent of what you ascended to. :) It's the cyclic
> spiral
>> Yes, although, this is tempting just to let "It" there, cutting all
attachements results in Freedom because, you are not bound to "It".
BUT, this is greater to cut the attachements AND to TRANSFORM the
present momment. <<

Freedom *from* inevitably leads to the responsibility inherent to
freedom *to do*. Becoming free *from* what binds us is not the end of
the story -- freedom is not a static state of nothingness. Freedom
demands that we then *do* something with our freedom, otherwise we are
just bound anew but this time by inertia.

>> You astonished me. To deepen this issue, you send me to your comments
on a text I am currently reading since a few weeks (as this works
deserves time). It
is a presentation of the CORPUS HERMETICUM attributed to Hermes
Trismegiste which includes the Poimandres dialogs, Asclepios dialogs,
and "Virgo Mundi" texts. I am unsure that the texts known as "the
Emerald Tablet" is included. <<

No, the Emerald Tablet is not found in the Corpus Hermeticum.