Re: Re: Qabalah Theory Question

Message 01772 of 3835

My view is that the Qabalah, by which I presume you mean the Sefer
Yetzirah or Book of Formation, with its Tree of Life or Etz Chaim, is
astrological, NOT magical, in nature. It is to be interpreted as a
soul's evolution through spirit sojourns, in various dimensions of
consciousness (and in Earth in flesh in 3-dimensional consciousness), in
the various planets of the solar system (or other solar systems having
an inhabitable planet like Earth), the spirit activities on which give
rise to astrological influences. The Tree of Life, in my opinion, shows
that soul evolution is from the bottom of it upwards; the most central
sefirah represents the Sun, the lowest Earth AND Moon, the next lowest
Mercury, the uppermost Pluto, and the next uppermost Uranus and Neptune.
Above it, "Ain Sof Aur" or "Limitless Light" represents There is nothing
magical about it at all, except possibly for the paths which together
represent Moon-Pluto astrological aspects, which I find to be the most
important in magical or psychokinetic powers.

The hexagon formed by the sefiroth representing the Sun, Jupiter,
Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, indicates what is the minimum
requirement for the horoscope of a soul not requiring any further
sojourns/incarnations in this solar system, namely Sun either sextile,
trine, opposite, or conjunct all of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune,
and Pluto, preferably with Moon also similarly involved, the current
incarnation being only voluntary. The Dalai Lama's horoscope (6 a.m., 6
July 1935, eastern Tibet) has such a configuration.

John W.

Peter Reist wrote:

> M,
>
> To be honest with you, if you're beginning to study the Kabbalah, and
> you actually think you understand what's going on. Then the chances
> are pretty good that you are so far off base it's not really funny. :)
>
> Western and Jewish Kabbalah are different. That does not necessarily
> make one right and the other wrong. They are just different paths and
> different takes on how the psyche, how the divine works, different
> maps of the landscape. Though a common fault is to mistake the map
> for the landscape itself. Rawn's commentaries upon the 32 paths of
> wisdom eluciate rather well the similaries, differences, and some of
> the faults of both.
>
> Love and Live well,
> Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index