Re: Mundane Relationships

Message 01800 of 3835

Allen,

I resonate with what you're saying, and also with Rawn's reply too.
For me it comes down to whether or not there are any opportunities
for personal growth within my relationships. I find that some
relationships, especially the not-so-close ones, tend to fall away as
interests diverge. I feel that that kind of thing is natural. On
the other hand if there is any judgment involved, as Rawn mentioned,
then I think that's an area ripe for exploration.

For myself, I've found both things happening at different points.
Sometimes I keep myself distant and uninterested, so that I feel
superior to other people and my self-importance is bolstered. At
other times I'm just not interested for whatever reason and we fail
to click. (For instance, if I'm talking to someone who's really,
really into Monday Night Football and won't talk about anything else -
- well, there's hardly a basis for a relationship with me.) In the
latter case, I would question why I am still trying to engage this
relationship, or what I CAN get out of the relationship -- modifying
my expectations to meet the reality.

David

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Allen Kray <sourceport@y...>
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The deeper my practice, the better I become at dealing
> with situations concerning anger, hate, jealously,
> judgement, etc. This of course is to be expected if
> anyone truly endeavors to transform their negative
> traits in the soul mirror.
>
> Yet, on the other side of the coin, I notice that I am
> beginning to deal with people more as an observer. I
> listen to what they are saying, talk less, smile, and
> rarely become interactive anymore in a conversation,
> especially if I sense anything negative or not
> spiritually beneficial. To be honest, the daily
> concerns of most people is beginning to feel like a
> chore to listen to. I am sure people are noticing this
> new behaviour. I even notice people getting mad
> because I do not choose anymore to "participate" in
> their emotions as I may have before. I also choose to
> keep my spiritual life very private and never talk
> about it, but there are always clever people who
> notice things...
>
> Does anyone here on the list have similar experiences
> and any advice how to deal with people that are happy
> not to ask questions in this world of delusion? (that
> shouldn't be read as condescending).
>
> Sincerely,
> Allen

Main Index | Thread Index