Re: Re: Mundane Relationships

Message 01809 of 3835

Dear David,

> bolstered. At
> other times I'm just not interested for whatever
> reason and we fail
> to click. (For instance, if I'm talking to someone
> who's really,
> really into Monday Night Football and won't talk
> about anything else -
> - well, there's hardly a basis for a relationship
> with me.) In the
> latter case, I would question why I am still trying
> to engage this
> relationship, or what I CAN get out of the
> relationship -- modifying
> my expectations to meet the reality.

Thanks for the reply. This statement of yours above is
something I ponder often. The Monday Night Football
example was a good one.

Last night I was reading Rawn Clark's The Art of
Empowered Remembering and thought of an application.

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/AER.html

Now suppose the person who loves to always talk about
Monday Night Football works with you or for some
reason you see this person often. I wonder wouldn't it
be more beneficial to take 5 minutes everyday and
learn a little about football, using that knowledge to
create a new positive relationship with that person?
Then take that feeling and apply it to the next person
who has the same type of traits. If one were to do
this with every type of person they know, I bet after
some time, they could transform all that judgement and
just "remember" those good experiences with people.

I don't know it is just something that came to me. I
think it might be worth experimenting with. Thanks for
the inspiration David!

Sincerely,
Allen