Re: transition to step two?

Message 01829 of 3835

Dear David,

>> For instance, my addiction to sugar and the issues surrounding it are
affecting my energy level, which is in turn affecting my ability and
motivation to be mindful and to practice emptiness of mind.<<
>> One thing I have to do to address that is to adjust my diet and sleep
habits. It also has to do with why I hold tension, and the way I hold
tension in my body, which in turn has to do with how I deal with other
emotional events, etc., ad infinitum. <<

If dietary and sleep habits are what disturb your ability to focus your
mind, then change those habits. This doesn't take magical techniques to
accomplish. It's not something you have to wait before doing.

>> When is it enough? For instance, I can do a few minutes of
emptiness, but it is highly inconsistent -- some days I'm much better
than others. But how much is too much, at what point am I just getting
bogged down and not moving forward, when it seems like any attention in
these areas is in some ways moving forward -- however slowly? <<

That descision is entirely in your hands. Do *you* feel certain that
you have sufficiently mastered the exercises in Step One to the degree
that Bardon stated? If so, then move on to Step Two, but if not, then
persevere with the Step One exercises that trouble you.