Re: Hermetic View of Eyesight Loss

Message 01830 of 3835

Dear TMN,

>> "From the Hermetic standpoint, it is karmic, i.e., a matter of cause
and Effect." - Are you are saying: that his/hers blindness, is a direct
result of some action in the past which it self may have nothing to do
with there sight. <<
>> Also that: "In the case of congenital blindness, the cause would be
from a past lifetime as might other forms of blindness:crossed eyes,
color Blindness, etc." Are you also saying: that if this blindness is
congenital then it means that the pesron did the action - which through
karma caused it - in a pass life. <<

Yes.

>> If my assumptions are correct please explain how this is so, it kind
of implies that if something bad happens to a person it is always there
own fault i.e. its there fault that they were born blind, crippled,
deaf, ect... , or that there fault that a mad gun man as shot there legs
off, you get my drift. <<

"Fault" and *causation* are not the same beasts. :) Negative karma is
not a punishment for past bad deeds. It's the natural product or
consequence of past actions. Karma, whether positive or negative,
occurs in order that we might learn the lessons that need to be learned
so that we can advance and grow.

>> If my assumptions are wrong could you please elucidate what you
exactly meant possibly illustrating cause and effect relationship.<<

I suggest that you visit http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Redemption.html