Re: Step 2 - "feeling concentration"

Message 01843 of 3835

Hi Newbie,

If your having your bath / shower with very cold water everyday a'la step 1,
focus on that experience as its a completely immersive cold experience and very
easy to bring back to your conscious awareness. The immersiveness ofthis cold
experience with your entire body should enable you to more easily single parts
out.

Mark

newbieonekenhobby <newbieonekenhobby@...> wrote:
If I understand the example of "smelling the rose" correctly, and if
I apply it to *cold*, e.g.:

a) I start with holding something cold in my hands, or I go outside.
b) I determine the kinesthetic components of what I'm feeling
c) I connect to their essential meaning, and then get rid of the
components themselves.
d) then I actually *run my meditation on the essential meaning of
cold* afterwards.

Is this correct ?
Is this the same as *feeling the cold*, as Bardon
prescribes ? 'cause he said "here is the object is to call into
being the *feeling* of coldness ...etc." ? I understand using
essential meaning makes sense because the exercise addresses the
mental level and not the sensations of the astral body, but I'm not
entirely sure :-)

Many thanks.

-The Newbie who's gonna go out to the cold :-)